[Sca-cooks] Mead Yeast

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 8 11:24:13 PST 2007

While I don't brew, I can tell you that your problem with the Champagne
yeast is that it is breed to produce CO2 and high alcohol content, meaning
it can survive in a high alcohol environment.  In the process it converts
almost all of the sugar into alcohol, leaving a very dry beverage.  A sweet
mead yeast should go inert sooner in the fermentation leaving you with lower
alcohol content and a sweeter mead.

Did you try burning your "lighter fluid?"

Bear