[Sca-cooks] Phillipa's rant :was: Is it just me, or when did they start doing this???

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 9 08:51:14 PST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Heleen Greenwald wrote:

> Man oh Man!!!
> I am sobbing as I read this. We are in the middle of painting the
> interior of the house. Everything is everywhere! I can't find
> anything. We couldn't even light the menorah for the first two days
> because I couldn't find the candles. No gifts, No foods, No fun,,,,,
> Nothing.

Hmmm... Well, that assuredly sucks.

_BUT_... you will have a properly painted home, the better to reflect
the lights next year.

I can never find anything, either/anyway, and sometimes the most
important way to celebrate a holiday is in the simple remembrance of
it, and sometimes those will include the birthday of mine when we
buried my Dad, or the one when it was also the Lunar New Year, and
Susan was home in late-term pregnancy, I got "laid off" from my job
(this is a code expression for "fired"), then got home and cracked a
molar off at the roots for no apparent reason. Nevertheless, the
holiday spirit, if you get what I mean, is in you, if it's anywhere.

"And it was always said of her, that Phillipa knew how to keep
Hanukkah well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be
truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, G-d
bless Us, Every One!"

Next year will be better.

> And NO ONE invited us over to their house to celebrate and I
> always invite people to my house for every  Jewish holiday.
> NUTS!

Yeah, well, they must be nuts.

> < OK... thanks for letting me vent! I <sort of> feel better now.>
> Master A... enjoy the truffle.
> Phillipa

Thank you! And aren't there a couple days left? Maybe you can still
find a way to make the time before, what, Wednesday night, to sit back
and remember the Great Miracle?

Adamantius