[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP Gifts at Hanukah

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 9 13:15:09 PST 2007

Malkin asked:

<<< I had thought that a small gift each night of Hanukah was the
norm.  Guess that goes to show what I know.  Need to look more into
it I guess .. my brother-of-choice is in a long-term relationship
with a woman who was raised Jewish (currently not practicing in the
home I am told).  I sent them a Hanukah card for her and a Christmas
card for him and a pound of 100% Kona coffee from Bad Ass Coffee for
both.  I know how to cook for her when next they come to visit, but I
would like to know more about how to respect her customs. >>>

Perhaps these two Florilegium articles might be of interest:
Jewsh-Holiday-art (36K) 12/23/01    "Jewish Holiday Traditions of the
Sephardic
                                        Peoples" by Lady Sindara Lind
Rachael.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CELEBRATIONS/Jewsh-Holiday-art.html
T-H-Dreidel-art   (12K) 12/26/00    "The Hannukah Dreidel" by Lady
Meliora
                                        Leuedai de Ardescote.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/T-H-Dreidel-art.html

Stefan
(Who just got told on Friday that his contract engineering job will
end in 2-3 weeks. It was going to happen sometime..., but I also had
hopes it would turn into a permanent position. I liked the work and
the company. Sigh. Back to searching again... I shouldn't feel so
depressed, but...)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com