[Sca-cooks] OOP - Drakey, can you settle a small bet?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:21:12 PST 2007

I am not either prudish :), in despite of 11 years of education with
German nuns and a cousin bishop in the Catholic Church :)
But I can assure you all blancmangé or the Spanish/Latinamerican
version, Dulce de Leche, can be used in all forms, as spread, as
filling of pancakes and cakes, as sexual added value to anybody, etc
:)

Ana

On Dec 10, 2007 10:34 PM, Craig Jones <drakey at internode.on.net> wrote:

> In the USA there is a commercial product consisting of a jar of white
> stuff resembling silicon bathroom tile caulking compound -- a slightly
> aerated white goo, extremely sweet, with a faint burnt-sugar flavor
> and perhaps a little pseudo-vanilla thrown in. I gather the idea is
> that this product can be spread on cakes, or even bread, used in
> S'mores, or served over ice cream. Some have alleged it can be used as
> some sort of sexual aid, for those so inclined. I'm not seeing it, but
> I'm notoriously prudish in certain respects.
>
> Well, the question is, does the UK/Australian/New Zealand portion of
> the world have an equivalent product to Marshmallow Fluff (or possibly
> even the same product) ? I was figuring there'd be something roughly
> equivalent, possibly with a cool-sounding name like Fizzy Blort-O...
>
> Hmmm... if there isn't something already called Fizzy Blort-O, there
> definitely should be.
>
> Adamantius
>
> Drakey's Reply:
> I'm touched you've come to me... But YES, we do... I've NEVER been game to
> try it and have always just walked past shaking my head. In fact I've never
> seen anyone here actually eating it, but somebody's gotta be buying it...
> Young kids I suspect...
>
> I shudder at it being used as a sexual aid tho... Although, unlike
> Adamantius I'm not at all prudish when it comes to certain respects and
> recently had a re-enactment of a "9 1/2 weeks" the weekend just gone.  No
> fluff was used but I believe it was:
>
> 3 Cheeses - Roquefort, a baby round rind washed French soft cheese (Le trou
> de crou), and a Barossa Valley goat camembert.  Some Kangaroo Mettwurst.
> Wasabi Peas (always a shock if you're blind-folded), those
> tamarind/chilli/sugar sweets, violet scented candy, d'arenberg Peppermint
> Paddock (a lovely sparking red (Chambourcin) from McLaren Vale), Coconut
> Jam, Japanese Mayonnaise (in strategic spots).... A few other lovely bits
> and pieces... You get the idea :)
>
> Never re-enacted the dairy scene from Last Tango in Paris tho...
>
> Drake - now RUNNING HARD for a huge flame proof rock, before Gunthar slaps
> me down....

http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se

Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
12833 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci