[Sca-cooks] cookie rolling question

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 14 07:43:48 PST 2007

otsisto wrote:

> I wonder if I can use the pasta rolling attachment to roll out the
> cookie dough, it says in the recipe to roll it out to be 1/4 inch
> thick.  So my question is has anyone ever tried this?  Does it work well?
It should work, dough is pretty much dough.  Let the dough rest for a
bit after mixing, or it might prove a bit breakable, just like when you
roll it out manually just after mixing.  Once the flour particles have a
chance to absorb the liquid, you're good to go.

Of course, now I find myself eyeing Machime-san's big roller-outer for
clay... hehehe.  Lo!  'Tis the Winged Victory of Samothrace!  <snatch,
grab, runaway!>

Selene