[Sca-cooks] College Group foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 12:18:39 PST 2007

Ardenia mentioned:

<<< Here are some things I've thought of....

Simple Stews served in Bread Boules >>>

While trenchers (flat, slabs of bread) are period, bread bowls don't
seem to be.

stews-bruets-msg  (82K)  7/22/06    Period stews and bruets. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/stews-bruets-msg.html

<<< Salats instead of salad >>>
salads-msg       (162K) 12/11/06    Period salads. lettuce, greens.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/salads-msg.html

<<< Plain roasted meats with medieval sauces on the side >>>
sauces-msg       (164K)  5/15/06    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-CONDIMENTS/sauces-msg.html

<<< Barley water >>>
infusions-msg     (24K)  3/26/02    Period infusions. Herbal "teas".
Barley tea.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/infusions-msg.html

We just had a recent discussion on barley water/tea with a bunch of
new info provided. I have yet to get this into this file, but if you
wish, email me and I'll update it or send you the messages I've saved.

<<< Cheese tarts/pies >>>
tarts-msg        (102K)  5/21/04    Period small, open-topped,
shallow pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/tarts-msg.html
pies-msg         (184K)  7/25/06    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit
pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html

<<< Some Requests:

Good, basic Stew ideas, particularly those where the recipe could be
put on display and pseudo understandable for diners
  Mustard soup recipe >>>
mustard-soup-msg  (13K)  4/ 3/02    Mustard soup. HE Salaamallah's
version.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/mustard-soup-msg.html

Stefan
--------