[Sca-cooks] College Group foods

euriol at ptd.net euriol at ptd.net
Sun Dec 16 20:05:38 PST 2007

I have created a handout on sauces you may find useful. It includes the
pairing of some sauces with various meats & fish. This handout is (probably
like most) a work in progress. It can be found at:

http://medievalcuisine.madpage.com/classes/Sauces_Handout.pdf

Euriol

"wildecelery at aol.com" <wildecelery at aol.com> said:

>  Thank you to all, I'll try to answer questions.
>
> 1) There hasn't been a specific "budget" given, but I don't think that we
want to go too extravagant
> 2) I don't think that they've done madrigal dinners
> 3) No specific time period... the event is looking like a a Dabblers' A&S
event

> Here are some things I've thought of....
>
> Simple Stews served in Bread Boules
> Salats instead of salad
> Plain roasted meats with medieval sauces on the side
> Barley water
> Cheese tarts/pies
>
> Some Requests:
>
> Good, basic Stew ideas, particularly those where the recipe could be put
on display and pseudo understandable for diners
> Mustard soup recipe
> Some ideas/recipes for? sauces
> Cheese and vegetable pie/tart recipes...? I know there are many out there,
what are some good ones?
> Desserts?
>
> The idea is to go into the not completely foreign for? the "teaser" meal
and go more standard SCA for the feast

> Any ideas for "wow!" feast items that won't boggle the mind of standard
university food service?

> Note: Though I? read the list a lot, most of my SCA cooking has been
limited to small amounts and/or specific projects... so I don't have as much
concrete information? in my head as most of the list,? and thus I appreciate
any detailed guidance.