[Sca-cooks] OP - liquid Spenda

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 19 04:16:56 PST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 1:22 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> I remember a discussion here some time ago about liquid Splenda being
> available, but not in the U.S.  I have a co-worker who is allergic to
> cornstarch, so can't use the regular Splenda, which apparently uses
> cornstarch as a bulking agent. I was hoping I might help her out with
> a source for this.

I got a bunch of it (like three small bottles, which for me was
probably a five-year supply -- I ordered two, and somehow ended up
with a nearly identical free sample of another product) from someplace
like Brazil, or rather from some distributor who was getting the stuff
from Brazil (or was it Argentina?). At the time it was a new product
and they had not yet gotten full FDA approval, and there was some
question of whether it caused stupidity in lab laurels or some such.

However, while the product has not since been actively banned, it's
still awaiting approval, and whatever loophole once existed for
importation is now smaller than it was, so it is now harder to get,
but I still have approximately a full bottle of Official Liquid 100%
Splenda. Obviously it doesn't measure like sugar, so I have to add it
drop by drop, but I think it works out to about three drops per
tablespoon or something like that. I know my sugar-free cheesecake
recipe calls for something like 16 drops.

Well, this appears to be a reasonable approximation of what you're
looking for, from the people from I originally got the liquid Splenda:

http://www.carbsmart.com/fiberfit.html

Somewhere on the same site is an article written, I believe, by a
diabetic experiencing much social pressure for hating aspartame and
drinking Tab with saccharine...

Adamantius