[Sca-cooks] OOP: Sweeney Todd meets Jersey Girl, with some food related content

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 21 18:11:21 PST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007, at 7:17 PM, CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/21/2007 1:10:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> christianetrue at earthlink.net writes:
>
> Found  this grubbing around on YouTube, one of the funniest scenes
> on  film:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLSFdvrhq0
>
> "God That's  Good!"
>

> Yea, but they left out the audience reaction, the only funnier one
> was in
> "The Addams Family" with THAT school talent show.
>
> Corwyn

I dunno... it's a matter of opinion, I suspect, but a shocked and
horrified audience is a shocked and horrified audience, ditto gore in
wildly unexpected settings. Reference the Monty Python "Salad Days"
Peckinpah routine, and the post-show reactions in "The Producers" (the
real one) and "After The Fox". The inclusion of nuns to be shocked in
"Jersey Girl" was a nice touch, though.

I thought the Addams Family one went on a little too long and was
needlessly gory after having established that there were kids wearing
bleeding prosthetics. Even the Evil Spawn was like, "Yeah, Barry, we
get it."

On the other hand, the "I'm a turkey, so eat me" song is way cool...

Adamantius