[Sca-cooks] OP: Help! Electric Stove Trouble

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 19:55:53 PST 2007

Phlip recommended:

<<< Simplify life. Go to your home warranty people, and tell them the
stove doesn't work right, and if they want to prove it does, THEY can
come up with a manual to prove it does. >>>

I recommend Phlip's suggestion. Sometimes these home warranties have
a co-payment, but it may be worth it. This doesn't sound like it is
working correctly. I don't know how old your unit is, but you might
be able to find a review of this unit in Consumer Reports. That might
indicate whether this model has a problem with its temperature control.

I have sometimes found manuals for items by looking on ebay.
Unfortunately, I just did a search there and didn't see any manuals
for any "Frigidaire Elite" models.  I did get a number of hits on
parts including the oven controller, but not the stovetop controller.
If they are the same unit though, this may be indicative that this
model has enough problems with this part that suppliers keep it in
stock.

Sometimes doing a search using Google will find a mail list or blog
discussing problems with particular items, but I didn't find any hits
using that particular model number.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas