[Sca-cooks] Hard to Get Ingedients

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 23 00:47:52 PST 2007

Katira mentioned her marsh mallow plant:

<<< Silly me, I live just north of San Francisco, a mile from the
bay.  The mallow plant was in a pot but is now in the ground.  I also
have a lemongrass plant in a pot on the patio where it has been happy
for years, just to give you an idea of what I can grow here.  It got
down to 32 last night but no frozen bird bath yet.  I get quite a
thick layer of ice a couple of times a winter. >>>

So, have your tried to make anything with it? or has it just been
ornamental?

It also sounds like you simply planted it in earth. Being a "Marsh"
mallow plant I had assumed it would be need to grown in water or at
least very wet soil.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas