[Sca-cooks] OOP -- Does anyone own an Oster Kitchen Center?

Sandra J. Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 25 06:30:22 PST 2007

> I know that since it had a mixer, I was allowed to take the old classic
> Mixmaster from the 1950's.

I still have my parents' Mixmaster.  Trouble is, the rubber covering the
cord is cracking badly, and a few bits have even fallen off.  It is
otherwise in great shape, but I'm afraid to use it.  I took it with me to
my sister's at Thanksgiving (my brother-in-law is an electrician), and he
couldn't figure out how to get into the head so he could replace the cord.
 I could just wrap the entire cord in gaffer's tape, but I don't know if
that would be safe.  Has anybody succeeded in repairing a Mixmaster like
this one?

Sandra