[Sca-cooks] elderly kitchenaids

Mary + Doug Piero Carey mary.doug at pierocarey.info
Mon Dec 3 13:13:53 PST 2007

Yeah, when I called Kitchenaid most of a decade ago about getting mine a
tune-up, they told me it was about 60 yrs old, did I want any new bowls
or missing gizmos?  (I'd told him about the estate sale I'd found it
in.)  "oh, no", sez I, "the glass one is just the right size."  Looooong
pause.  "You're using a glass bowl?  Are you sure it's the correct one?
not some makeshift?"  Well, yeah, it looked & felt just like Grandma's &
clicked into place just right.  Then they offered to buy it from me, and
he told me that if I sold it as an antique, it would probably bring
enough to buy me a new top-o-the-line with all the bells & whistles.  I
told him I'd keep that in mind, and kept it.  I _like_ being able to see
into the bowl  to tell if it's all mixed in!

Maria