[Sca-cooks] OT- 15th century economic and prices

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 12 21:15:57 PST 2007

Greetings to the list,

I got this inquiry on Tuesday and I'm hoping that some of you can
help this gentleman out. I believe that Bear may have done some
economic research and might be able to give some sources for instance.

I've not seen the Canaries come up in many of the SCA lists I've read
over the years, so his history notes on the Canaries were interesting
as well.

I did point him to these Florilegium files, but I'm sure there are
better sources out there.
p-prices-msg      (62K)  2/ 5/06    Prices for medieval items.
p-prices-srcs-art (11K)  4/14/02    "A review of useful sources for
Period
                                        Prices" by Lord Anton de Stoc.

At least he is doing this before the New World gold and silver
started flooding back to Spain and distorting the economy there.

Please remember that his not on this list so CC any replies to him at
tandrad at emory.edu  as well.

Thanks,
   Stefan

=====