[Sca-cooks] cookie rolling question

Ang Malone alm4cu at localnet.com
Thu Dec 13 20:17:53 PST 2007

This isn't laziness, I have rheumatoid arthritis and the last time it
flaired it made my hands and some other joints likely to have pain
from certain kinds of repetitive motions, so here's the real story:

  I found my mother's christmas cookie recipe, and I was reading and
thinking I wonder if rolling this out is going to be a hard
job?  Then I walked past my shiny kitchen aid mixer and a light bulb
went on over my head, and I thought  hmmmmmm

I wonder if I can use the pasta rolling attachment to roll out the
cookie dough, it says in the recipe to roll it out to be 1/4 inch
thick.  So my question is has anyone ever tried this?  Does it work well?

I am really just curious because I am pretty sure I am going to try
it out anyway  I have been having dreams about her christmas cookies,
the recipe isn't anything special, I think it's more all that tender
loving care that went into baking and decorating the cookies I can
see her in the kitchen with her holiday table set up in the kitchen
and decorating the cookies using a toothpick for a paintbrush.  They
were amazing cookies, those and the ones rolled in sesame seeds.  Yum.

	Ang