[Sca-cooks] College Group foods

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 18:29:26 PST 2007

 Thank you to all, I'll try to answer questions.

1) There hasn't been a specific "budget" given, but I don't think that we want to go too extravagant
2) I don't think that they've done madrigal dinners
3) No specific time period... the event is looking like a a Dabblers' A&S event

Here are some things I've thought of....

Simple Stews served in Bread Boules
Salats instead of salad
Plain roasted meats with medieval sauces on the side
Barley water
Cheese tarts/pies

Some Requests:

Good, basic Stew ideas, particularly those where the recipe could be put on display and pseudo understandable for diners
Mustard soup recipe
Some ideas/recipes for? sauces
Cheese and vegetable pie/tart recipes...? I know there are many out there, what are some good ones?
Desserts?

The idea is to go into the not completely foreign for? the "teaser" meal and go more standard SCA for the feast

Any ideas for "wow!" feast items that won't boggle the mind of standard university food service?

Note: Though I? read the list a lot, most of my SCA cooking has been limited to small amounts and/or specific projects... so I don't have as much concrete information? in my head as most of the list,? and thus I appreciate any detailed guidance.

-Ardenia