[Sca-cooks] virtual cookie recipe exchange

Ang Malone alm4cu at localnet.com
Fri Dec 14 18:48:24 PST 2007

I was going to type this into the computer anyway.  The card has all
sorts of goo all over it so I  can't scan it.  Guess that shows how
much the recipe was used.  I think some of the stains are vanilla extract.

Sugar Cookies (xmas)

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
2 well beaten eggs
2 tbsp. cream
1 tbsp. almond or vanilla extract
3 1/2 c. cake flour
2 tsp baking powder

Cream together sugar, shortening and beat until light and
fluffy.  Add beaten eggs, cream and vanilla and beat well.
Sift together the cake flour and baking powder

Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture.  Shape into mound,
wrap in wax paper and chill thoroughly.  Roll on board lightly
floured with confectioner sugar until dough is about 1/4 inch
thick.  Dip cutter in confectioners sugar each time before cutting
cookie.  Then place cookie on lightly greased baking sheet.  Bake in
moderate oven (375 degrees) for about 8 minutes until delicately
brown.  Color as you like.