[Sca-cooks] OP: Help! Electric Stove Trouble

Mary + Doug Piero Carey mary.doug at pierocarey.info
Fri Dec 21 18:21:21 PST 2007

Hello All,

I have moved into a new house.  I have been cooking with gas for almost
30 years, but this house has an electric stove.  What's more, it is a
glass top electric, on which the vast majority of my pots & pans cannot
be used.  <whimper>  Especially my beloved cast iron, according to the
manufacturer.  <sob>  This is particularly bad, since the dratted thing
seems to have NO ability to maintain a stable temperature, but keeps on
fluctuating up & down.  <insert your choicest expletives>  WAY up &
down.  The cast iron would mitigate that somewhat, but I tried it (very
carefully) 3 times & can already see the damage to the glass.

The previous owners left us every manual for every appliance, EXCEPT the
bluidy stove.  The company website denies the existence of this model
number, and their researchers inform us that the manual is no longer
available.  I really want one, so I can try to figure out whether this
fluctuation is outside of the normal performance range.  If so, my home
warranty might pay for repair or replacement.  I hope it may be
malfunctioning - I have a friend with a different glasstopper, and while
I dislike it, it certainly doesn't behave like mine.

So, I appeal to you, my brother & sister cooks.  Does anyone have a
Frigidaire Elite Model number REGC39 BN *2 ? It was built by White
Industries in Dublin, Ohio.  Would you be willing to make me a copy of
your manual?  I would be more than happy to pay for the copying & the
shipping.  Or, if you would trust me with it, I would make a copy & mail
it right back to you.  Or if anyone knows of a purveyor of old appliance
manuals, I would be most grateful.

Your hopeful,

Mary Piero Carey  aka Lady Maria