[Sca-cooks] New Book - and commercial plug

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Mon Dec 24 17:21:39 PST 2007

Since Johanna is away, this is my chance to send info before she does!

Just arrived at my booksto --er, house - copies of SPICES AND CONFITS - Collected papers on medieval food, by Johanna Maria van Winter, $80 from Prospect Books. 400 pp, no illos, also includes other topics such as 'Fish recipes in late medieval & early modern cookery books', 'Green salads in the Renaissance', 'Invalid Food in the fifteenth century', and others.

This book was first announced in March - they do take their time, don't they?

Devra the Baker
Poison Pen Press