[Sca-cooks] manure for garden

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Feb 1 11:54:45 PST 2007

On 2/1/07, Devra at aol.com <Devra at aol.com> wrote:
> Only I think that you have to let the manure age and rot for a year or so,
> or else it will 'burn' the plants... just a dim memory from a friend's having a
>  horse..
>    Devra

Depends on the manure. Cattle manure can go on straight. Horse manure
needs a bit of aging, although not necessarily a year. Best garden
I/we ever grew, a friend pastured about 15 head in a small, 1 acre
yard, which had a stream from a spring running through it, and made
sure they had plenty of round bales of hay. Come spring, she turned
the horses out and plowed up the lot. EVERYTHING grew, despite it
being a hot, dry summer.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible