[Sca-cooks] Don't Trust the Internet!

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Feb 6 10:46:24 PST 2007

My guess is that this is a really bad citation error
where they have taken your article titled "The Compleat
Cook" and confused it with the cookery book of the same name.
The Compleat Cook was published along with A Queens Delight
in the trilogy titled The Queens Closet Opened as early as 1655.
Editions continued well into the 18th century.
Prospect did the facsimile of the two in 1984. The original book
has associations with Queen Henrietta Maria, widow of Charles I.
I don't know why they would cite it as your SCA name followed by Elise
Fleming in ( );
one would have thought that they would have caught that error at that time.

Johnnae