[Sca-cooks] Cheese Poll

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 08:52:38 PST 2007

Joshua McCoy:

>> Hi every one.  I am taking a poll. . .
Without consulting anyone and taking the question as is with no further
thought my three favorite cheeses are in this order:
    Torta de Caceres, ewes cheese from the province of Caceres in
Extremadura made only in the spring when the ewes eat chard. Its hard to
find even in Spain except at the cheese fair in Trujillo in the spring.
    Brie from that French province.
    Cabrales from Asturias Spain. It is a mixture of cow, goat and ewe's
milk. Asturians claim the French copied Cabrales and called it Rocafort.
The French maintain that their pilgrims on the way to St. James took
Rocafort and taught Asturians to make it. Either way I prefer Cabrales
to Rocafort.
Susan