[Sca-cooks] What got into the chickens?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Feb 10 06:57:46 PST 2007

All winter, the ladies have been giving me 2-3 eggs per day- sometimes
4, sometimes 1, but generally 2-3 eggs per day.

Yesterday, I went out, and there were 6 of them, all very warm and
fresh. What got into them? And no, I didn't forget to collect the day
before. Maybe they're getting ready for spring? My mamas are seeming
to act rather broody...

I try to have less than 3 dozen on hand, since that's what we can
conveniently fit into the fridge- if too many appear (as in R&M aren't
eating as many eggs as usual) a dozen appear in the mailbox, and out
mail carrier gets a big smile on her face. Looks like she'll be
getting a dozen today, if the girls are laying again.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible