[Sca-cooks] Intro from new person and my first quest for the perfect recipe...

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Feb 12 00:34:20 PST 2007

>Back to my current delima of King Crab legs... how do i serve them if
>i want to prepare them period? Is there any dishes for shell fish or
>any other rich seafood that I can incorporate them?

Le Menagier has some lobster (or crayfish) recipes:

LOBSTER [or crayfish, same word (JH)] SOUP.  Put your lobsters on to
boil, and when they are boiled, let them be shelled as if they were
to be eaten, and remove the bad parts, then have almonds peeled and
ground, mixed with pea water passed through the sieve, and browned
bread or breadcrumbs moistened in pea water, ground and sieved, then
have ginger, cinnamon, grain and clove: grind and put all in a pot,
with a little vinegar and boil together, then pour into bowls, and in
each bowl should be put the lobsters fried in oil and other fried
fish.

Meat Tiles. Take cooked freshwater crayfish (also means
lobsters:trans.), and remove the meat from the tails: and the
surplus, that is to say the shells and body, grind for a very long
time; and after that, have unpeeled almonds, and let them be cleaned
and washed in hot water like peas, and with their skins let them be
ground up with what I have said, and with this grind bread crumbs
browned on the grill. Now you must have, cooked in water, in wine and
in salt, capons, chicks and hens cut raw into quarters, or veal cut
into pieces, and with the liquid from this cooking you must moisten
and mix that which you have ground up, then put through the sieve:
then ginger, cinnamon, clove and long pepper moistened with verjuice
without vinegar, then boil it all together.  Now your meat must be
cooked in pig fat in pieces or quarters, and arrange your meat in the
bowls and put the broth over it, and on the broth, in each bowl, four
or five lobster (or crayfish) tails and sugar sprinkled over them.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com