[Sca-cooks] barding

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 18 20:37:05 PST 2007

<<< Another method is called "barding" by laying the caul fat from
around
a stomach over a very lean piece of meat. I've seen that happen on
Iron Chef a couple of times.

Gunthar >>>

Don't they also call the cloth and decorations used on a horse,
"barding"? Is there a connection? Can someone with access to the OED
check this?

Maybe horsemeat is lean enough to need barding?

I think I hear someone cauling... See you from under the Rock. zip...

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com