[Sca-cooks] Dietary Fiber?

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:20:12 PST 2007

Elise Fleming writes about pregnant daughter-in-law in need of fiber.
	For my particular problem I am taking Omnilife supplements while my children, who have none I hope, consume organic food products in which they can confide; but I find it tricky with my own grown up "children" much less their mates to tell them what to do as they with me.
	Personally I would suggest that the daughter-in-law contact peers like Cristina Alonso my daughter who happens to be a midwife cristina at lunamaya.org also found on http://www.lunamaya.org and who has over 10 years professional experience in nutrition (Emory grad and Tulane MD plus, plus). I am not bragging (she is up to her hears with work) but she is someone fundamental in this area today. Few MD's have enough time to learn about nutrition that can help medical problems much less those concerned with pregnancy. (Although I must admit some US hospitals have highly qualified staff in this area but what about the others?) Elsie is really right looking for answers but when found, how can she/my generation help?
	Of course all your support (SCA contributors) and concern is really important info for future Grandmother so she does not offer the wrong kind of muffins or whatever to the poor girl.
	It appears to me that Elise is very wise to take in all this info but perhaps she can find ways to let professional peers help  the young lady learn more about what we are talking about.
	After recently getting out of depression from too much time in bed due to illness, my gut feeling is that I have an idea of what the poor thing is going thru. Perhaps its time we should dwell on ideas to prevent or try to assist the poor thing to get out of depression without forcing food down her mouth. Personally I could not stomach food offered but everyone is different. It does not seem that there is anything wrong with trying to give her happiness thru beneficial food products if she responds to them positively otherwise would an attempt at giving happiness thru food for thought do?
Susan