[Sca-cooks] List Statistics for Jan 1, 2007 - Jan 31, 2007

Daniel Myers edoard at medievalcookery.com
Thu Feb 22 17:32:31 PST 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Terry Decker wrote:

> When you play a game you need to know the rules and how to score.
> Here, you
> ned to know the definition of "content" and how it is measured.
> No, I don't
> know either, I just seem to do it.

It's been a while since I wrote the script, but I think I can
remember the approximate way the stats are calculated.

The top 10 posters by number of posts is pretty simple - just a count.

The "content" for top and bottom ten posters by content is a count of
all the words in the individual's posts that are more than 5 letters
long - but this doesn't include words in quoted text.

The ten posters quoting most text is based on the ratio of lines of
quoted text to lines of original text.

The final overall score is based on the above scores, as well as a
couple of points for using the longest word.  Quoting lots of text
brings your overall score down a bit - which is why Adamantius had
three of the top spots but came in second overall (and Stefan came in
first even though he didn't have any top spots).

The script tries to filter out sig lines and URLs, but I couldn't
quite get it to catch all the URLs and there appears to be an
infinite number of ways that email programs indicate signatures (and
some don't mark them at all).

How's that?

If there's some other statistic you guys would like to see added to
this, let me know and I'll try to figure out how to put it in.

- Doc

--
-=-=-=-
259. Take Percely, an skyme it clene, than draw hem thorw a