[Sca-cooks] Tamas was Period Flour Query

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Feb 22 20:32:54 PST 2007

I own a tamis. Paid less than $30 for one back in 2004 from
Bridge Kitchenware Corp. New York, NY
http://www.bridgekitchenware.com/

Product #: BTMS-3020
http://www.bridgekitchenware.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=977

"Made entirely by hand in France, these wood trimmed drum sieves (Tamis)
are used for large quantities of sauces, purees, pates or to remove
lumps from sugar, flour, spices, etc. On the sizes listed, the first
number represents the weave count (per centimeter) of the mesh; the
second number is the diameter, also in centimeters."

Johnnae