[Sca-cooks] Brown rice syrup?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 08:07:08 PST 2007

Thanks, guys.  I hadn't really looked at it as a full replacement for
Splenda...just one that I could perhaps use when I need the consistency of a
syrup.  However, I did locate a simple syrup online (don't remember the URL
at the moment) that is sugar free and could work.  It's from the same place
that I get things like the syrups I sometimes use in coffee.  They also make
a honey substitute that works pretty well when honey is called for...not
quite as good, but it works.

Most of the time, however, I look at how much honey is called for in
proportion to the other ingredients.  If it's just a tiny bit...like the 2
Tablespoons a stew recipe I have uses (recipe makes probably 8 servings)...I
just go ahead and use the real stuff.

Thanks again!

Kiri