[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 04:58:38 PST 2007

Greetings,

I hail from Meridies and I have posted ingredient lists for every
feast I have done. As good Aoghann mentioned - I also try and get it
up on the web as soon as it is nailed down.

It is very important that the posted list reflect everything that is
in the dish. This is something that I emphasize in my garnishing class
- that yes, even the garnish needs to be listed on your ingredients.
Because you never know what people are allergic or have sensitivities
too.

I consider it to be a part of the hospitality we attempt to extend to
our patrons. People need to make decisions on wheather or not they
want to stay for feast, if they need to bring food etc...
I also find it very useful in my feast planning to help ensure that I
do not have any one ingredient or spice overrepresented in the menu. I
strive to have a wide variety of foods and tastes and find that if you
have the same ingredient or spice in too many or all of the dishes -
you make the meal unappealing to many. I want my feasts to be
remembered because they were tasty and fun. Not as "That Cinnamon
Feast" or "The Onion Feast" which is something that I have stumbled
across frequently.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva