[Sca-cooks] Event dynamics (was RE: listing of ingredients...)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 28 13:12:33 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < < I think we've reached an impasse with this conversation.
Adele plays in Southron Gaard which is mundanely located
in Christchurch, NZ.
What works there will probably not work with groups or feasts
here in the United States or Canada and <SNIP>
Johnnae   > > > >

I gotta learn to ask those kinds of questions.  I suspect it is definitely a
different culture in Southern US than on the New Zealand Isles (apart from
federal laws, I mean).  I often wonder what the culture is like in areas,
even the US, with lower group and population density.  I mean, HECK!
Demographics are

population
metro Atlanta, Georgia US     4.9 million as of July 2005
New Zealand                   4.1 million as of March 1, 2007

Land Area
metro Atlanta, Georgia US       8,367 sq miles as of January 2007
state og Georgia, US           57,906 sq miles as of January 2007
New Zealand                   103,738 sq miles as of March 1, 2007

I'm thinking that 14 groups in Georgia and 7 in New Zealand makes a
difference in population dynaics and attendance.  I don't have any
speculation or desire to estimate whther it is 'better' or 'worse' or BOTH .
. . just remembering that the different places are really different places.
We get our peanuts and chickens produced within about 100 miles of my city .
. . and import our lamb from New Zealand.  What a life; keeps us
appreciating the differences.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco