[Sca-cooks] Pie in a Pipkin

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Feb 28 13:13:53 PST 2007

> I smarted off to a Laurel, and she attacked me with.....a dissertation!
> *sob*

And THIS particular Laurel is also...
A LIBRARIAN.

"Librarians wield unfathomable power. With a flip of the wrist they can
hide your dissertation behind piles of old Field and Stream magazines.
They can find data for your term paper that you never knew existed. They
may even point you toward new and appropriate subject headings.

People become librarians because they know too much. Their knowledge
extends beyond mere categories. They cannot be confined to disciplines.
Librarians are all-knowing and all-seeing. They bring order to chaos.
They bring wisdom and culture to the masses. They preserve every aspect
of human knowledge. Librarians rule. And they will kick the crap out of
anyone who says otherwise. "

-- From "Why you should fall to your knees and worship a librarian..."

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net