[Sca-cooks] Cheese Poll

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 07:37:42 PST 2007

Oh my.  I have to tell you that this is the most
common questions you get if you are a cheesemonger.
That and "what's your favorite cheese".  <grin>

To tell you truthfully, all of those areas you listed
make fabulous cheese and I could rattle off a list of
the "best according to my personal preference and
palate" for each of them.  Cheese is so very
subjective and personal.  My husband hates brie
because he doesn't like the taste of penicillum
candidum, the mold that gives it that characteristic
brie flavor and that fluffy white rind - whereas I
love the stuff.  I have yet to find a cheese I
strongly dislike unless it's been poorly made or
terribly abused.

I think you asked a great question that generated good
them.  It's just a very difficult, if not impossible,
question to answer.

Perhaps a different poll - like what's your favorite
brie, or, do you prefer sharp or mild cheddar better,
maybe even, what kind of milk do you like the best
(cow, goat, sheep, yak, cat, blah, blah...) etc.

Eibhlin

=== message truncated ===