[Sca-cooks] Turnips or Rutabagas? lost soups

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 16:50:14 PST 2007

At 02:19 PM 2/8/2007,silverr0se at aol.com said something like:

>Hmmm, so they still Scotch Broth alrighty - I wonder if I can/need to
>special order it. I notice they make a soup called Pepper Pot - has anyone
>ever had this and if so, what isit?
>
>Renata

We ate this when I was a child, but then we tried about everything they
sold.  Pepper pot was tasty, but I don't remember too much else about it.

To hear True Thomas explain it, Pepper pot is the tasty "normal" version of
menudo (it lacks the protein chunks of the distasteful origin).

Cheers,
Maggie