[Sca-cooks] What got into the chickens?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Feb 10 14:26:52 PST 2007

On 2/10/07, Patrick Levesque <petruvoda at videotron.ca> wrote:
> I was sorely disappointed, upon reading this thread, that it wasn't about a
> new stuffing that you'd made up or something :-))
>
> Petru

Ah, the only thing ever going to stuff my boys and girls is chicken
chow, dog chow, cat chow, and sundry scraps. They're far too amusing
to bring to an untimely end. And, useful.

No scraps around here, ever- if we have leftovers, or stuff that needs
gotten out of the refrigerator,

if the cats won't eat it, the dog will.
If the dog won't eat it, the chickens will.

Today, I went out, fully expecting another 3 eggs, and nary a one. I
had thought that they all may have decided to lay at once, thus
yesterday, but Rob and I agree- we distinctly heard The Egg Laying
Song (in its usual 3 part harmony) at least three times this morning,
before feeding at noon.

As Adamantius says, it might be spring fever, but it sure is taking on
some odd aspects.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Psalm 146
King James Bible