[Sca-cooks] flour experimentation

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Feb 11 20:18:42 PST 2007

I would have thought that something like the
*Irish-Style Wholemeal Flour *
/Irish-Style Wholemeal Flour/ is a coarsely ground, soft red whole wheat
flour, ideal for Ireland's signature brown breads.

    * 1 pound package. *TEST KITCHEN TIP: * This is a lovely “soft”
      flour, coarsely ground, a really nice match for the flour used in
      Ireland for their whole-grain breads. For any of your brown bread
      or soda bread recipes calling for “wholemeal” flour, this is what
      you want.

might be something interesting to test for comparison sake.

Johnnae