[Sca-cooks] Peter Pan Recall

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 16 12:19:12 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < < Of course, that leaves the problem of safe disposal of the actual
product in
my lap, and me without a mouse-, rat-, or other functioning trap in sight...
and way too many hungry poor humans out there for me to blithely toss the
jar into the trash dumpster without obvious adulteration / forced conversion
to inedible state.

Peanut butter torches, anyone? > > > >

Given that we are a jar and a half into the last purchase we made of Peter
Pan, and they both had the offending '2111' indicator . . . . we are just
going to continue eating the current jar.  We have had no untoward effects,
it's been a week or two, and we don't want to just run out to get two
refunds that don't seem necessary.  If this were not the first 'peanut
butter as source of salmonella infection" claim in the history of the US, or
we had had some sort of symtomolgy, we would feel differently.

So, I recommend that you do dispose of the offending peanut butter by either
heating it to 160F in a pan or microwave, then disposing of it in standard
garbage. . . or calling thw 1-800 number and asking them what we are
supposed to do with it.  If you get cut off like I did, then maybe the CDC
can tell us if there is special HazMat handling to deal with.  Really, we
simply throw out bad chicken, so this should be no worse.

niccolo difrancesco