[Sca-cooks] listing of ingredients...

Micaylah dy018 at ncf.ca
Mon Feb 26 08:06:55 PST 2007

> >   Is this a common practice in the North?
> >   Should I list even the unpronouncable ingredients?

This is an absolute in Ealdormere. It is a rare occasion when one cannot
find an ingredient list for a feast. And that includes every single
dish/subtlety/beverage. As for commercially used products I make sure to
list that they are commercial. That usually just amounts to the pastry (I
suck at that) or the stock or alcohol. I don't list those ingredients simply
because if folks have questions beyond the list they are usually high
maintenance anyway in the food department.

Folks need to decide whether or not they can/want to sit feast. This is the
most easiest and simple way imo for the head cook, that way you don't have a
bunch of folks bothering you about what's in what all the time. Been there
once...figured it out!

To go even a step further I have sometimes made dish and ingredient lists
available on each table and I will often include some tidbits of info
regarding a dish or an element of one.