[Sca-cooks] OOP: Chocolate pudding

Karin Burgess avrealtor at prodigy.net
Tue Feb 27 18:37:05 PST 2007

I would think it had something to do with the cornstarch? Can it go stale maybe? Just guessing here

  -Muiriath

Heleen Greenwald <heleen at ptd.net> wrote:
  I made myself a treat of chocolate pudding tonight. I always use soy
milk as I can't have dairy. Here is the recipe (below:) Now, here is
my question: Why didn't it firm up into pudding? It just stayed like
soup.... and I measured and everything. It firms up all the other
times..... It isn't humid here or anything. I can't figure it
out.... any ideas?
Thanks!
Phillipa

CHOCOLATE PUDDING

4 C soy milk
½ C unsweetened cocoa
8 packets Sweet & Low
6 T cornstarch

Put 2 C of soy milk into a pot and heat on medium high until warm and
beginning to bubble.

Combine 2 C soy milk, cocoa, Sweet & Low and the cornstarch in an old
Hot & Sour soup container.

Mix using the hand blender with whisk attachment.

When the soy milk in the pot is beginning to bubble, add the
chocolate mixture.

Stir with plastic whisk and heat until just beginning to bubble.

Transfer pudding to green oval glass dish.