[Sca-cooks] induction cooktops

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 1 06:41:43 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
< < < There is currently a thread on the Rialto (rec.org.sca newsgroup)
about induction cooktops. the original inquiry was about the
possibility of using one of these for metal working, but since these
look useful for cooking I thought I'd forward some of this here.

Has anyone here cooked on one of these induction stove tops?

Stefan
(Since this posters signature was food related, I've decided to leave
it in as well.:-) ) > > > > > >

Used one and loved it.  Took my saute pan off the unit and put my recipe on
the unit to keep it clean.  Great heat and reasonable control.  Granted, I
was using a pretty high end model at the time.  I would have one of my own
if I had a place for it and the free cash for an occasional use item.  The
cookware needed tends to be a little higher cost than I use as I tend toward
restaurant grade aluminum, and some stainless.

The unit creates a magnetic induction field that agitates ferrous materials
to generate heat.  Not enough iron . . . not enough heat.  You would love to
cook on one at least occasionally.  MAN . . . NO FIRE!!

niccolo difrancesco