[Sca-cooks] Quinces, was Candied Citrus Peel

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 4 11:50:26 PST 2007

Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
>  > Alas, the quinces looked terrible - they have all season - so i
>  > didn't get any, which is a shame, since they're so fragrant, too.
>
>Too bad, they are probably just fine on the inside.  I follow my nose and
>have never been led astray!

Well, many had bruises, worm holes (not, not as in "Deep Space 9"),
and most had moldy flower ends. I wouldn't care if they were a bit
misshapen, or not smoothly colored. But they just looked unhealthy.

>  > I didn't get any grapefruit or pomelo... has anyone ever candied either?
>
>Yah, works great.  Especially if you are a fan of Fresca or maybe Smirnoff
>Ice.  <grin>

Actually, neither, but i used to drink Squirt when i was a kid :-)

Once this Twelfth Night sugar-fest is over, i'll give 'em a try.

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita