[Sca-cooks] Helloooo???

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 9 15:32:48 PST 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Heleen Greenwald wrote:

> Poor 'Laine & Marie!
> Feel better you guys!! If I were closer, I would cook you some
> chicken soup.  A few years ago, Master A posted a wonderful Chinese
> chicken soup that had a slight sweet taste to it. ...Trying to
> remember,... did it have orange juice in it?? My old computer crashed
> and I lost the recipe and haven't had the time to go through the
> Florigium and find the recipe... I really should do that.

I don't remember which one it was, but of the maybe four Chinese soup
recipes I recall posting over the years, it sounds like it might have
been a drunken chicken soup recipe with dried orange or tangerine
peel... the other three being a basic hot-and-sour, and a beef or
pork with cilantro and egg flowers/drops, and corn soup with crab,
ham, or chicken velvet.

> I, on the other hand, for the first time in 2 years am starting to
> feel better from this dreaded ulcerative colitis. Dare I say that?
> <happy dance in any case>

If you can do a happy dance you're obviously a lot better, which is a
good thing. That particular ailment is not something I'd wish on my
worst enemy. Well, okay, maybe the Vice Pre... (did I use my outside
voice again?)

> I was looking through chili recipes today. (don't know why... I can't
> eat chili..... but started to think that sweet potato/black bean/
> onion/tomato would be a good combo for a vegan chili... still, I
> think it is missing something....

I suspect you might need something to give it a more variegated
texture, like sweet peppers (or, in fact, even chilis, maybe, if you
can eat them), or, failing that, something like celery. But I have
some rather heretical views on chili...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782