[Sca-cooks] teaching feast?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 17 19:49:34 PST 2007

Jehan-Yves mentioned:
<<< Here in Caer Adamant, East Kingdom things have been quiet up until
the head Cook backed out of the teaching feast for our upcoming
"Cooking Thing 3 and Brewing Also" event
in Febuary, so I am starting work on doing one of the courses for the
feast and figuring out how to "teach" it. Now we have to co-ordinate
stove and oven use between three cooks.  >>>

Teaching feast?  Is this the first one or has your group done this
before?  How is this run? The only thing similar that I can think of
is folks interested in learning to cook coming into the kitchen and
working along the more experienced people.  However, this sounds more
formal. Are you holding classes in the kitchen during the cooking?

We have done the stove and oven coordination when we had a "best of"
feast using popular recipes from previous kitchens with the people
who were known for these particular dishes each cooking them in the
kitchen. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the kitchen so I don't know the
details of how they organized it, without one of the cooks becoming
part of the feast.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas