[Sca-cooks] Biersuppen

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 30 06:24:01 PST 2007

> The modern "cook's eye" would probably be looking for this to be a
> smooth, fairly thin, buttery version of zabaglione. Sweet, either by
> using a sweet beer or adding sugar, yellow, probably from saffron,
> but depending on how much egg yolk is used and the type of beer, it
> might be well on its way already.

Hm... from my modern Polish-American perspective, I would be looking for
something along the lines of, well, beer soup. Beer soup is apparently a
rather standard preparation, like a cream soup-- beer and broth,
thickened with flour and/or eggs. Usually a wheat beer or other lighter
beer is used. The result is definitely of a cream or very light cheese
soup.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net