[Sca-cooks] Feast Web Site

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jan 31 20:43:03 PST 2007

>Greetings!  The photos for the recent Cleftlands (Midrealm) feast
>are up on a web site (http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/directory/menu.asp)
>along with information about other feasts and subtleties done by
>Master Aiden, Hely and assorted others of my barony.  For the
>subtleties folk, look at the butter fence and sugar paste goblet as
>well as other sugar paste items.  These guys, especially Aiden, are
>great!

Everything looks lovely, but it sure shot my feet from under me!!
That feast was awfully familiar.

I've been asked (for the first time!!) to submit a bid for feast at
Red Dragon in Sept.  I'd started planning a Spanish feast, but found
that a neighboring group is doing an Andalusian feast.  So scratch
that.

I planned a menu from Welserin/Rumpolt several years ago and was in
the middle of updating that into a proposal.  The Cleftlands feast
(only two hours from here) had SEVEN!! of the same dishes that I was
working into my proposal!  WAIT, that's MY feast!  Only some of the
side dishes were different.  I guess it means that my ideas were good.

I started this long ago, but obviously wasn't being unique enough.
At least it was posted before I submitted my proposal, so I didn't
look like a copycat.

Back to more research.   I might still propose a German feast, but am
dusting off my German, trying to read some of the untranslated
recipes on Dr Gloning's site.

I love those sugarplate dishes with the blue line.

Ranvaig