[Sca-cooks] Sugar WAS Spices in England

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 1 14:46:15 PST 2007

Sharon asked:
<<< Has anyone on the list ever made sugar from sugar cane or sugar
beets?  How
did it go?  >>>

I've only seen pieces of sugar cane a few times in my life. I suspect
the total length of what I've seen in the grocery store would only be
a couple of feet. So where would you find raw sugar cane today? Other
than perhaps flying to Hawaii?

I did ask this same question here in the past few months, but got no