[Sca-cooks] Christmas foodie goodies....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 2 05:18:48 PST 2007

Hi, Stefan.  I'm not sure if I can properly intersperse my comments without
the whole thing getting too confusing, so I'm just top-posting my responses.
1.  The two whisks are clearly distinguishable by size, although they were
not labeled.  I was informed of their intended purpose by the gifter, and I
gather that she got that info from the catalogue from which they were
ordered.
2.  *sigh*  You wash the measuring gizmo *off* in between uses, you goober!
;o)
3.  It's a book specifically on "one-pot meals" from various ethnic
heritages, etc.  Some are stove-top, others are bake-in-the-oven.  Some
probably could be adapted for crockpot use, but that was just my original
mis-reading of the title.
4.  The apple-honey wine is distinctly labeled as such, rather than as a
melomel.  Got something to do with state regulations--the brewer (our
baroness, actually) has to market her wines as "fruit and honey wines"
rather than "honey wines" which may have fruit in them.  I don't remember
all of the details, but it's got something to do with the Official
Definition of what is, or is not, a "wine."  I think it *has* to be made
with fruit or fruit juice.  She actually makes melomels, in which both fruit
and honey are fermented.  Straight mead, which I've seen for sale elsewhere
(although, not by her), is another critter.  Maybe the labeling that you've
seen in TX is actually a similar sort of thing.
5.  The cold, alas, is still present, although I'm clearly on the mend.
This particular virus, from what I've heard from other afflictees, lasts for
weeks.  And weeks.  I'm thinking of buying stock in Kleenex....;o)
--Maire