[Sca-cooks] Sugar WAS Spices in England

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 15:47:02 PST 2007

Here in southern California we see sugar cane occassional in the supermarket, cut into approx. 1 foot lengths designed for the chew-and-spit-the-pulp extraction method.

I haven't really looked at the Asian and Latin markets, but my favorite dim sum place uses bits o' sugar cane to skewer some of the yummies.

Renata