[Sca-cooks] Brangwayna's cool cooking stuff

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 14:33:08 PST 2007

In a message dated 1/3/2007 4:24:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

<<Do you mean silicone, or whatever the new material is that is  showing
up in a lot of cooking items, usually of a light color?  Neoprene is
usually black and it usually melts at a fairly low  temperature. These
do sound useful. Several of our kitchen mittens are  scorched or have
been burned until they have openings through  them.

These also sound useful for those on this list who do things  like
diving into hot convection ovens. :-)>>

No, they are definitely neoprene.  Black, soft, and kind of rubbery  feeling.
 They FEEL like they should immediately melt to whatever you are  picking up,
but they don't. I was very surprised, and so was my husband.   Don't think I
have the tags anymore, though.

Brangwayna