[Sca-cooks] Cooking Help Please! I also have anwered the questions that where by request.

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 4 08:01:25 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----

>I will start of by answering the questions about my cook book.  To the
question "Perhaps you could tell us a little more about this project?"  For
right now it is just going to be a very personal project for me to learn at
this point and if I do decide to have this published I will give credit
where credit is do.  For question "Firstly, do you want period recipes or
modern ones?"  Why would I ask in this e-blog with knowing what it is for
help with some recipes?  Also yes I do want  period recipes. >  >  > > > > >

Thank you for stepping back to the beginning and giving us some background.
We are a long-time email group and not a blog; the differences are sometimes
subtle these days.  Please do know that this email group is comprised of
long, long standing relationships that have developed over years of working
together, praising, chastising, sharing pain & joy, and struggling together
to build our overall knowledge and understanding of Historic (and even
modern) cookery, then spread it to others.  We really are welcoming bunch
for those who meet us part way and demonstrate having made a little effort
to start off with . . . it doesn't have to be much.

I mentioned before that we are protective of the time and effort we (and
others whoare no longer here) have spent learning and teaching and
researching.  ANY time someone has popped into this group for their very
first post and requested, much less demanded, to be given free reign on
everything everyone here has ever learned and labored over, that person has
been met with suspicion and suggestions to do some of their own homework
first, and then ask us for assistance.  I've been following this list off
and on since around 1998, and there have been more than one or two who have
whirled in making a similar, or far worse, impressions as the one we got
from your posts.

Welcome.  Offer what you have to offer in the discussions and be welcome to
participate and learn what you can.  That's what we generally do here.

niccolo difrancesco